Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

100 Mile Challenge

So I know this isn't the artsiest photo you have ever seen, but I wanted to share a little bit more about what's going on with me this January....

A friend of mine Megan, also known as ChasingDavies, is currently running a challenge on her blog for the month of January.

The Goal: Run/Walk 100 miles in January

At the end of the month, we will be running the 5K Groundhog Run  (all underground) for the Children's Therapeutic Learning Center. I got started a little late on the 3rd, seeing as the 1st was definitely not gonna happen after New Year's celebrations, and the 2nd was the last official day of my "holiday break."

To date, I have accomplished 41 of the 100 miles, so 59 miles left to run in 19 days.  I thought this was a great idea, and perfect way to get my butt into gear for the New Year! Are you trying anything new this year to whip yourself into shape?

Something I would recommend if you are looking to try out some new workouts is ZUMBA!!! Megan and I took lots of classes over the past couple of years and its a great workout.  From what I understand it burns 800-1000 calories in one session. This is also highly dependent on your instructor and how many breaks you take of course.... but you should try it out if you are looking for something new to do! I promise you, you will feel and most likely look like a fool, but the laughing at yourself is the best part of it and works those ab muscles!! I am going to try and get back into the swing of Zumba come February after my challenge!

If you are a Kansas City local, I recommend Amore Dance Studio in Overland Park, Kansas.  They used to be based in Westport - Kansas City but sadly moved last year farther away so I can't make it all the way across town in time!!

I wanted to send out a personal THANKS to Kristin J. for assisting me in my running project and Megan for the idea!

5 comments:

  1. We should make Feb's goal to do zumba once a week! I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some bomb shoes... and ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Laura Lu..... you are running the groundhog run?? me too :) hopefully i see you before than!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know what you think!