Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Awkward & Awesome Attempts

To begin this post I'd like to announce that I am in Grand Junction, Colorado. Has anyone ever been here?

It's approximately 4 hours away from Denver, PAST Vail, which is as far West as I've ever been in Colorado to date. The population is roughly 60,000 from what I have learned from speaking to the locals here.

I'm here on a work trip, and I've been trying to find a good time to come here for a month or so.  Last week I decided that I had to just make a decision and go with it. None of this postponing business. Especially before the snow hits big time.  I'm not looking forward to driving through all the passes when that happens. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it though.


Awkward:

  • The picture above. The story.  I am in a hotel in Grand Junction and decided to order room service for dinner tonight. I REALLY wanted the cobb salad, but I also wanted a grilled cheese for whatever reason.  So heck why not order both and eat what I want of each. Wouldn't you know it that room service brought me TWO water cups, TWO silverware sets.  How fat do I feel right now?
  • In a waiting room today an old lady farted as she walked towards the door, it took everything in my NOT to laugh.  I know she didn't mean to but it was so loud. How did her old lady butt do that??
  • Watching Private Practice right now in my hotel and crying on two separate occasions. #PATHETIC
  • Having to admit to myself that I may not THINK I have a lot of awkward moments to recall from week to week, but I really do think if someone else was in my shoes they would hit the ground running realizing I'm just an awkward person so typical awkward things just aren't that awkward for me
Awesome:
  • I had someone say they are having a hard time remembering what I am selling.  My immediate thought.  I will sing and dance for them. Literally.  I sang and danced in front of a person I have met at best three times.  His face was priceless and I SHOULD have felt awkward, BUT I felt awesome because I found my niche.  Who can forget bad dancing and singing?
  • It's been about two weeks since I've gotten up any motivation to work out for some reason.  I was a good girl and went for a 3 mile run Tuesday, opted for not working out yesterday, and almost did again tonight, but decided I had to get my butt into shape.  I ran/walked for an hour! YAHOO! But then I ate the above... well part of it. OOOPS.
  • I just found out on of my best friends is pregnant! Not sure if I can announce her name on here yet but I'm super excited for her! That makes TWO pregnant friends at the same time -  Crazy pants!
  • Seeing my old co-workers at Angela's wedding this past weekend, and knowing that I will be back in Tulsa in less than one week to see my mom and sister.  EXTREMELY pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know what you think!